Submitting to Foil & Phaser just got easier!
We’ve added a new form to make it even easier to submit stories and articles to the blog.
Do you want to join a growing community of writers who share stories, feedback, and resources? Do you have a story you want to share, but don’t want to go through the hassle of setting up your own blog or website? Are you looking to promote yourself and expand your audience?
Just fill out the form and we will do all the rest. In addition to short stories and flash fiction, you may also send in reviews, essays, or other articles you have written that are related to science fiction and fantasy writing. No experience necessary.
We still need more Featured Writers
We would like to add at least six more authors to our roster. If you’ve wanted to try blogging but didn’t have the time to invest, consider joining Foil & Phaser. All we ask is that you commit to a minimum of either one short story or one article of about 500 words once per month. We can help walk you through the process and learn the ropes. If you decide that you don’t like it, there will be no hard feelings. We’ll just be sorry to see you go. Just check out the Site Guidelines for more details on how to apply.
Do you already have a blog or website? Email a link to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Guest Writer” and we can reblog or link to your site.
In other news
- We have added a category for Romance fiction for all those who want to submit stories with romantic themes and plot lines. This doesn’t mean we’ve gone soft, or we’ve been taken over by pod people. It’s just a place for you to submit your paranormal romance, urban fantasy, and alien tentacle love stories. For all the Vaginal Fantasy fans out there, you now have a home on this site. That doesn’t mean you have to start reading SFF romance, but it wouldn’t hurt to expand your horizons.
- If you know of any writing resources, Email a link to email@example.com with the subject line “Resources” and we can add it to our database.
- The deadline for One Page at a Time: The Cellar Door is approaching fast. Get your submissions in now.
- We will be starting a new story workshop soon. Authors will sign up beforehand and be given a 1500 word portion of a story to create based upon what previous authors have written. Stay tuned for more details.
- The poll will remain up for a few more days. You may select any or all of the options.